1. The contest starts at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, August 30, 2012 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2012 (the "Contest Period"), all times are Eastern Time (ET). No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. The sponsor of the contest is Thomas Cook Canada Inc. d.b.a. Sears Travel ("the Sponsor").
2. The contest is offered electronically via the Internet. There are two (2) ways to enter the contest: (1) To enter on Facebook, visit the Sears Travel Facebook® page
(www. facebook.com/searstravel) and click on the “Win a Trip to the Grey Cup” tab, and enter your name, City, Province, and email address to receive one (1) entry into the contest. (2) To enter online, visit www.searstravel.ca/cfl during the Contest Period and complete all required fields of the online entry form. Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the contest upon submitting the completed contest entry form.
For the purposes of this contest, an entry occurs when the contestant completes and submits the entry form on the Sears Travel website or on the Sears Travel Facebook page - Win a Trip to the Grey Cup Contest Tab. Limit of one (1) initial submission contest entry per person for the Contest Period; duplicate or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may also obtain Bonus entries into the Contest as follows:
Social Media Network Site: additional Bonus entries in the contest can be obtained after initial entry by clicking the “Send invite requests” button and inviting your Facebook friends to enter the contest. Each unique friend that is referred by you and enters the contest via the link provided grants you one (1) Bonus entry into the contest. Each friend must be eligible to enter the contest (in accordance with these contest rules of eligibility) and entrants may only send requests to persons with whom they have an existing relationship; the “Send invite requests” feature must not be used for any purpose other than to share with friends or to invite friends to participate in the contest. Without limitation, the feature must not be used to send requests: (i) to strangers; (ii) multiple referrals to the same friend; (iii) unsolicited e-mail; and (iv) “spam”.
All eligible entries are subject to verification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Any entrant who attempts to obtain more than one (1) eligible entry per person/email address (as outlined in these Official Contest Rules) may (in the sole discretion of the Sponsor) be disqualified from the Contest and have all of his/her eligible entries voided. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service, are not permitted and will void that entrant¿s entries and that entrant will be disqualified from the contest (in the sole discretion of Sponsor). In the event of a dispute the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3. There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won consisting of a trip for two (2) people to the 100th Grey Cup® game to be held in Toronto on November 25, 2012. Prize includes: roundtrip economy airfare from the major international Canadian airport nearest to the winner¿s home to Toronto, three (3) nights' accommodations (based on double occupancy), two (2) tickets to select Grey Cup Festival events, two (2) tickets to the Grey Cup Game on Nov. 25, 2012 and two (2) Grey Cup apparel packages. Winner and his/her travelling companion must be available to travel from November 24 to November 26, 2012. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $4,500 (based on Vancouver departure). In the event that the declared Grand Prize winner resides within 200KM of the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto, Ontario, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air travel. The entrant acknowledges that the Canadian Football League will supply the prize and all its elements to the winner and that the Sponsor is in no way responsible for any liability realating to the provision of the prize.
Winner and his/her travelling companion must be available to travel within the specified dates or will forfeit the prize. Any and all costs or expenses incurred by the winner and his/her travelling companion in claiming or using the Grand Prize including, but not limited to: connecting flights from points of origin to the international airport closest to the winner¿s residence, pre and post-night accommodations, local transportation, travel documents, travel and medical insurance, upgrades, hotel and mobile telephone, Internet, entertainment, fax and e-mail charges, room service charges, all tips, meals and beverages and activities not described above as included, and items of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her travelling companion and are not included in the Grand Prize. Winner and travelling companion must travel together and depart from the same international airport in Canada. If the travelling companion is a minor, the winner must be either the parent or legal guardian of the minor travelling companion or must have written parental permission to travel with the minor travelling companion and must assume all responsibility to accompany the minor travelling companion.
he booking of travel and accommodations will be selected at the sole discretion of the Canadian Football League (CFL). The CFL reserves the right to substitute any element of the Grand Prize for a replacement of equal value. If the event fails to take place for any reason whatsoever, the Grand Prize shall be deemed to be fulfilled by the award of the trip to and from Toronto and the stay in Toronto. The Sponsor or CFL Entities are not responsible for potential last minute schedule changes or for any costs, expenses, inconvenience or damages experienced by the winner or his/her travelling companion.
4. On Tuesday, October 9, 2012, a random selection of one (1) entry from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period will take place at noon, at Thomas Cook Canada Inc. Head Office, 75 Eglinton Ave. E., Toronto, Ontario.
The selected entrant will be contacted up to three (3) times by telephone/email. If selected entrant cannot be contacted within one (1) week following the draw, another entrant will be randomly selected and the initial selected entrant will be disqualified. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question, to be administered at a mutually convenient time and without any assistance. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, a Declaration & Release Form in order to be able to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration & Release Form within the required time period, fails to correctly answer the time-limited skill testing question within a reasonable time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by randomly selecting from among all remaining eligible entries. The process will be repeated as necessary until a winner is declared while sufficient time is available. In the event there is a dispute of the entrant¿s identity, the prize will be awarded to the established email account associated with the entry. All decisions of the contest judges are final.
5. The Grand Prize as described is subject to availability, is non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be sold, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. Prize is not redeemable for cash or credit, in whole or in part. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, theft or misuse of the prize. If the winner chooses to not redeem or utilize any portion of the prize no compensation will be awarded for that portion of the prize. Winner and their travelling companion must travel together and depart from the same location and must be able to travel to and within their destination and anywhere in which a connecting flight is required or prize will be forfeited. Winner and their travelling companion will be responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents in advance of departure. No compensation will be made if trip is cancelled due to failure to obtain necessary travel documents. The Sponsor and the CFL assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever should the winner or his/her guest be denied entry to the airline or venue for any reason whatsoever. The Sponsor and the CFL will not be responsible if factors beyond their reasonable control prevent the Grand Prize or part of the Grand Prize from being fulfilled or for eventual last minute schedule changes.
6. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received during the Contest Period.
7. This contest is only open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of Sears Canada Inc., its agencies, affiliates, catalogue merchant agents and Hometown store operators, Immersion Media, the Canadian Football League and each of the Member Clubs of the Canadian Football League, and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, officers, governors, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, successors and assigns and Thomas Cook Canada Inc. and members of their immediate families living in the same household are not eligible to enter.
8. By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final.
9. The Sponsor is not responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants¿ or any other person¿s computer resulting from downloading of any materials or participation in this contest. Sponsor shall, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Web site or the administration of the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any causes beyond its control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, including cancellation of the method of entry and selection of a winner from previously received entries In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations
10. The winner and their travelling companion will be required to sign and return within two (2) days of receipt a declaration and release form confirming compliance with these rules and waiving any liability of Sears Canada Inc., its respective agencies, affiliates, employees, officers directors catalogue merchant agents and Hometown store operators, Immersion Media, the Canadian Football League, Canadian Football League Properties Ltd., and each of the Member Clubs of the Canadian Football League, and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, governors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "CFL Entities"); and Thomas Cook Canada Inc., (collectively "the Releasees") arising out of the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use of the prize as awarded.
11. All entries become the property of Sponsor. By entering the contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and consent to the use of their names, places of residence, photographs, likeness, voice, voice likeness and images in any publicity which my be carried out by Sponsor or their respective affiliates in connection with this contest without further notice or compensation.
12. The Sears Travel Facebook® Page enables the submission of user-generated content. When providing content for the contest, you grant Sears Travel a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, from, distribute, and display what you have written throughout the world in any media. You also grant Sears the right to use the name you submit with the (video submission or other content), if any. Submissions and other content posted on the Sears Travel Facebook® Page reflect the opinions of the contest participants and in no way reflect the opinion of Sears Travel. Sears Travel, does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on the Facebook® page and makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Facebook® page, and assumes no liability for incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods, profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any contest participant.
TThis contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook®. You are providing your information to Sears Travel and not to Facebook®. Facebook® is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to Sears Travel and not Facebook®. The information you provide will only be used for contest administration.
14. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel or amend this contest at any time.
15. Quebec residents please note: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
*Registered trade-mark of the Canadian Football League
†Trade-marks of the Canadian Football League